The new tool is in the Kurzweil Taskbar — a feature that has been available since V.10 — that includes text reading, spell check and other useful on-the-fly tools. The new Image Reader tool will be added to any K3000 Version 13 through a free update (see below).
After clicking on the Image Read icon, just use the crosshairs to simply select any image of text to read. A reading pane then appears and Kurzweil 3000 will read the content.with it’s high quality text-to-speech voices.
Options within the reading pane allow the user to change the settings of the Kurzweil 3000 Taskbar including voices, reading speed, and font size. In addition, the Kurzweil 3000 online dictionary is accessible in the reading pane – allowing instant word look-up.
Use the online update feature in your K3000 V.13 or download here, http://www.kurzweiledu.com/ki-3000-windows-version13-updates.html.
Please note this feature is only available to K3000 V. 13 users. To find out about upgrading options for K3000, contact Bridges.
If you don’t have the K3000 Taskbar enabled, follow these steps:
- Right click in the Windows taskbar, the long horizontal bar at the bottom of your Windows desktop.
- Scroll up to “Toolbars” at the top of the popup window.
- Choose “Kurzweil Taskbar.”
- The Kurzweil taskbar will appear in your Windows taskbar.
- Open Kurzweil 3000 and log in.